Friday, January 09, 2009

“You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?”

I just made a purchase on-line. One poncho - Clint Eastwood style. Because I left my favorite (and only) white poncho in Colorado last year and I miss it so. I love the poncho, it is like wearing a blanket, but cool yo. The second part of my on-line shopping spree is one 7-pack of wind up owls. Internet, I love you. These little gems of our glorious capitalistic world are my reward for making it through this week at work with a bastard of a boogery cold.

Now I realize this is pretty much in direct contrast with my last post, however this is not the norm for me. I am not a shopper. I pretty much hate shopping. The mall or stores make me feel claustrophobic. On-line shopping I rarely do because of doubt and getting side tracked. I never think I can trust on-line purchases, so I only go through the entire check out process if I have a gut feeling that 'the thing' is just perfect and nothing out there can beat the price or uniqueness. The poncho I found by utter random chance yesterday for $30, but I could not commit. I checked it again today. It was lowered to $14.99. That was my sign, it was meant to be. My lucky poncho!! Do you know how hard it is to find a poncho? Just try it. They are either ugly or one million dollars. But the good ones, they are worth it - and the word is also fun to say. Poncho! Sounds so freaking cute and optimistic. Poncho! As for the contradictory posts, well such is life and that is pretty much standard me. I am a flipflopper of a liver of life and ideas. Huh? Yeah, whatever, yer mom. Anyway, the giving idea for Christmas however, ended up working out really well and I intend to continue giving what I can: time, money, a letter or a latte when it is right. But today, I started with myself. As for the owls? Total impulse. Under 10 bucks and I think I know somebody who is going to learn to love them...TBA...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will never love the owls

7:51 AM  
Blogger agentofchance said...

What if one little blue eyed girl really really wants you to??

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home